Milan Time, Spring 2011 RTW

I know I should of done Milan Fashion week before the post of LFY, but I had to give Milan a little more of my time... So here I am, sitting at my house trying to remember all those piece that blew my mind. Of course I have most of them are in my head... So why not share them?

Gucci
Well... What can I say about Gucci? Other than it's AMAZING! The color palette is wonderful, the styling is great and the designs? Well this a collection for a female fatale gone a little softer, of course with a sense of minimalism and spring mood.

Giorgio Armani
Mr. Armani impressed the whole world with his only navy blue collection. Let me tell you that this is the last color I think a spring collection should have.. For sure he came out of his box a delivered a good collection. With jackets, layering pieces, volume, textures, and pants under skirts and dresses.


Dolce & Gabbana
Every piece had a correlation to lace, since the "young designers" were paying tribute to Silician lace. They gave us a lot of lace, a few pieces of black, some other with prints but of course all mixed in with lace. Oh boy! They did a fantastic job. They presented us knee-length skirts, full skirts, pencil skirts. Also embellished pieces with easy affordable high end looks.


Versace


Donatella went for neutral and a few solid colors and a little minimalism. She also had a very distinct print with different color concentrations, we also saw longer skirts and shorter jackets with a lady like feel.


Versus


When I heard about Versus' new addition, Christopher Kane, I was a little skeptical but then he came up with a really good fall pieces, then I see this one and all my ideals come crashing down. I mean maybe some pieces by itself might work but other than that I really do not like this collection. From the plaid and floral on the same dress, to the weird color blocking. It just doesn't cut it for me. I love florals and bright colors for spring but this does not feel right... I love what Italian designers and editors are doing to help new talent, but Kane might need a little more help from Donatella, back in the day she did a great job with Versus and we can see some of the the same silhouettes on Kane's collection.


Roberto Cavalli


Bohemian chic is the first thing that comes to my mind whenever I see this collection. Let's face it, it is kind of expected from Mr. Cavalli to bring everything to the table. He did go with the 70's trend using flare, sheer, and fringe. The color palette was exquisite; dull pink, dove grey, taupe and a little black. He sent long variations of his embellished pieces. Roberto Cavalli celebrated his 40th anniversary and I LOVE the collection.



Emilio Pucci

A little more bohemian for our heart. What Peter Dunas have done for the Pucci name is incredible! He delivered a hipster 70's collection for the women of today. An lets talk about the amazing styling, those boots are to die for. The opening dress (last picture) is breath-taking, I see it in every editorial!


Moschino


It's incredible that after all this years the Moschino empire is practically as it used to be. In the collection we saw the classic red, blue, white and black mixed with polka-dots and stripes. Creative director, Rossella Jardini, chose to go for cowboyish/pirate/matador styling that actually work for the pieces she sent down the runway.


Fendi



Minimalism?Yes! We also see long skirts and pants with belted options and some volume. Karl created versatile clean cut pieces that any women can wear. It's amazing how he can create bright bold pieces for the House of Fendi and then go an create a total different thin for Chanel. The man is an artist!!


Prada



This has been the least expected collection I've seen (besides Armani), Miuccia Padra created a summer party during her runway show. She showed a collection that was fun in a way. Big flouncy skirts, shirts with sleeve volume, stripes, and banana prints! She went for a bright color scheme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...