NYFW Spring 2011 RTW

Since New York Fashion is over and Milan's is on full bloom, I had to do a recap of NYFW. It took place from Sep. 9-16. Many designers impressed me and took my heart while I expected more from others. This is only the first part...

Alexander Wang

He impressed not only me, but everyone who have seen this collection! The first few pieces where all white, then he incorporating a pastel palette. I really liked this collection,  the dresses flow remind me why I love spring. He used patch work and graffiti pattern, incorporating great tribal styling.


Altuzarra
This time Joseph Altuzarra came with a collection quite different. He used skin patterns, leather, and metallic. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the collection, specially the last dress. The detail on the bust, makes it seem trashy in some way. I do have to say that the first dress is great, I would like to see it around town.

Anna Sui

She not only celebrated her 20th anniversary but also did a great job!!! I've always been in love with every single collection she makes, this one is no exception. She portraits a girl next door woman, with a touch of bohemian chic and a girly mist. Her girls looked amazing going down the runway, with great hair and shoes. Sui used feather's, chiffon, and lace. She got out of her box and created a few all-black pieces which are amazing, we're all going to die for them. Her finale piece was a wedding inspired beautiful dress, shown above as the last picture.

Nicholas K
I really want to know if I'm the only one who thinks that this collection looks like a fall one. From the color pallete to the cargo pants and high boots, for me it's more of a Fall collection. It also reminds me of the military and the last picture reminds me of a very chic pirate. 


 Calvin Klein
Minimalism at it's best!! Prompts for Francisco Acosta, creative director of Clavin Klein. He chose to got from ankle length, above the knee, to short mini dresses; also paring them with light height jackets. This is what Spring it's all about!!


Carolina Herrera







We can head to our past once again with Herrera's collection, she executed a great spring collection. Playing with textures, colors, and proportions on 52 different looks. She bought flowers to the runway, like every designer should (in my opinion). Herrera also showed how she can go from a day time piece to a beautiful red carpet gown, by the way don't you love the dress on Chanel Iman. One last thing, can you notice how much I liked this collection? I'm posting more photos from her collection and I feel guilty!

3.1 Phillip Lim

Another minimalist collection, he sent versatile pieces down the runway that can be a worn in many different ways. Lim went for a subtle palette and showed how different women can wear his looks. He's fabric selection is stunning. I would love to see that white gown on the red carpet!


More to come, I not even clos to being done...
Have a great weekend!
-AC
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...