I'm realistic, & perhaps a little cynical when it comes to the overused labels of feelings. My ability to switch off a lingering emotion ,or even an attraction, is one of my favorable repertoires. This delayed gratification of switching off a potential spark of interest towards a person, has also served as a disadvantage. Timing and context of certain phases of my life have often been a factor in untieing myself from individuals. None the less, in my 20's, I let myself be selfish and free from attachment. We each have enough concerns, burdens, aspirations, goals, and interests to compensate for any possible void area or inactivity, when single.

 Instead of being over-saturated in gendered expectations of the who's and what's of dating, as society emphasisizes, go to the movies alone for once; it’s liberating to have some time to yourself.

xo Maria

"It was pleasant to be drinking slowly and to be tasting the wine and to be drinking alone. A bottle of wine is good company.”

- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...